To make storing or moving easier, you need the right moving and packing supplies and we offer a variety of quality products for sale in our office to make a move or self-storage easier for you.
Storage Boxes – Assorted sizes for moving or storing household items.
Packing Supplies – Tape, bubble wrap and packing peanuts to keep items safe
Tape – Quality tape for sealing cartons for safe travel or long-term storage.
- Avoid packing in plastic bags. Although it might seem easier and like plastic is more protective, the opposite is true. Plastic can trap humidity and moisture creating an unwanted mildew problem.
- Buy sturdy boxes. It is best to purchase boxes that are similar in size and in good repair rather than recycled boxes of different sizes, shapes and condition. Boxes of the same size will be easier to stack and access—and your items will be safer over the long term.
- Clearly label each box on more than one side.
- Treat fragile items well. Individually wrap fragile items in bubble wrap and/or newspaper. These should always be stored separate from other stored items. Seal clothes and fabrics.
- Vacuum-sealed bags are great for storing a wardrobe or valued curtains.
- For long-term appliance storage, always wipe down the interiors well (and with an item like baking soda or bleach). Leave the doors ajar and the cords carefully wrapped. Mold brought in on appliances can spread to other items in storage.
- Leave an aisle in the middle of your storage unit. You’ll be coming and going within and you will want to be able to get in and get out quickly. Arrange items against the wall and use the vertical space, leaving a walk-through clear.
- Clearly and carefully labeling your boxes and keeping a solid inventory using a mobile moving app or a checklist can help prevent loss and ensure that each box is stored appropriately for its contents. It also makes finding and unpacking much easier.